Thursday, November 5, 2009

I The Individual

I the Individual

I the individual
I do not worship at the altar of despair, nor do I offer myself in sacrifice upon it
I reject the supremacy of multiculturalism as a means to denigrate my own traditions
I believe in rights bestowed by my creator, not my government
I deny the need to view my own country through the lens of those who would hold us in disdain while historically clamoring for our help
I reject the belief that our individual salvation is dependent upon our collective salvation
I reject demagoguery in all its forms
I do not accept the premise that we are a society in diametric opposition of itself – and those who would insist upon it
I reject welfare for the able and benefits for votes
I believe in the absolute necessity of strong personal property rights
I accept only the equal application of the law
I believe that I am more capable of spending my money than government
I am citizen, not subjugate
I the individual will not be silent

2 comments:

  1. I was wrong...I love it.

    Something suspicious when a majority has so little voice in a representative system, but I guess we have to be louder.

    ReplyDelete