Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Feel Free to Bite Me



OK,
I admit it.
I'm a mess.
Between the whole non-sleeping due to screaming baby thing and stupid levels of back pain (special thanks to uninsured motorists on that one) - my brain is even more gelatinous than normal.
Throw in a sprinkling of ADD and a dash of vicodin and viola'! We have nigh-incoherent blogging!

That being said....

John Murtha was a jackass. A corrupt, backstabbing jackass - and I am glad he is no longer casting votes in Washington.

Yes, I am aware that many of you may find that statement tasteless at best and are awaiting lightning to strike me down at any moment where I will then become Satan's bitch for eternity... but that does not change the fact that Murtha was a jackass.

Granted, were it up to me, Murtha would've lost his seat and be sitting all fat and happy on a beach somewhere enjoying his retirement - but it appears that fate had other plans.

Call me a heartless bastard (I assure you, I've been called worse) but I find no need to spew hearts and flowers nonsense in memoriam of a man whose congressional record was utter incomplete floatsom.
Besides his well-earned title as the 'king of pork', he further earned merit badges in corruption in regards to the Iran-Contra scheme Ian was once famously quoted as saying " if I am corrupt, it's because I take care of my district".
The above, however; pale in comparison to the unforgivable sin of slandering Marines serving in Iraq. The tragedy even more heinous given that Murtha once served as a marine with distinction in Korea and Vietnam. What partisan demon could have possessed a man to assassinate the character and tarnish the reputation in order to score political points is unfathomable. "Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them, and they kill the innocent civilians in cold blood", Murtha infamously said of Marines waging a pitched battle the terrorist stronghold of Haditha. Murtha acted as judge and jury, finding the Marines guilty for crimes that had yet to be properly investigated (to date 11 of the 12 Marines have either been exonerated, acquitted or have had charges dropped against them. The last of these Marines, awaits trial this year) - Murtha cleared the way for a global onslaught of military bashing, which only served to make an incredibly difficult situation worse.

So, no - I will shed no tears for Jack Murtha. I'm sure that Dante would have unkind things to say about his final fate given his egregious act of betrayal. For his sake, one can only hope that the 'Divine Comedy is only a brilliant fiction.

Obviously, I do not look kindly on such grievances - and I freely admit that my experiences as a former combat arms officer may color my opinion to a certain degree. That aside, any politician who would pass judgment without consultation of fact should be voted out of office without hesitation. Any talking head or broadcaster who does the same should see their membership and advertising dollars evaporate. We owe our soldiers at least that modicum of respect. How any political party can tolerate such blatant stupidity such as Dick Durbin comparing our soldiers to KGB, Nazis and Khmer Rouge or John Kerry stating 'our soldiers, terrorizing innocent Iraqi women and children in the dead of night' is not only an embarrassment to that political party but calls into question the motivations of the douchebag who would vote for them.

It is true, that I am not winning any blue state friends by my commentary - but honestly, anybody who would damn me for it can feel free to bite me.

Let's just hope that Pennsylvania will redeem itself in its next choice for representation in Washington. Although either way, it is unlikely that they could do worse.

Semper Fi

No comments:

Post a Comment